Named for the first governor of NJ, William Livingston, its history dates back to colonial times. Located 22 miles west of NYC, this community is a draw for individuals that value a good school system and want to be within an hour of New York. A very family friendly place to live.
Located 22 miles west of NYC, Livingston, while not on a train line, has many public and private transportation options, making it an easy commute.
- Community Coach Bus provides commuter service to the Port Authority.
- For $2.00 a trip, you can take a local shuttle to South Orange train station and catch a direct train to Manhattan. You can park for free at the Livingston Mall.
- Drive to nearby Harrison and take the PATH train directly to the NY Financial District.
- NJ Transit buses 70, 71, 73 and MCM-3 travel between Livingston and Newark, Florham Park, and West Caldwell.
- Located off Rt 280, Livingston is within 10 minutes of Route 24, I-78, 287 and the Garden State Parkway.
- NJ Highway 10 runs through Livingston and into neighboring East Hanover, home to every store you’ll ever need, chain and otherwise.
- Newark Liberty Airport is 20 minutes away!
Most of my clients include great schools as one of the top reasons for choosing Livingston.
- The Livingston School District (six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school) consistently ranks among the top school districts in New Jersey.
- NJ Monthly Magazine named Livingston High School one of the state’s best high schools (22 out of 322).
- Livingston High School has won first place in the Essex County Mathematics Competition every year since 1992.
- The Livingston Arts Council provides musical and orchestral productions to the community and gives children of all ages an opportunity to participate in them.
- Located less than 5 minutes from the acclaimed Turtle Back Zoo.
- Two separate oversized community pool complexes.
- Community parks and playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, a community center, and a fishing pond that becomes an ice skating pond in winter.
- Livingston has its own mall, The Livingston Mall, and is located minutes away from the expansive Short Hills Mall.